Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lent - the Season of Giving

"So I decided to a 6-month mission trip to the Philippines where I would donate and devote my time for Gawad Kalinga, an organization that revitalizes family and communities while bringing people out of poverty."

"To give of my time for a lengthy period is far more valuable than any cheque I could write."

"Furthermore, it is an opportunity to get in touch with my ancestry and to give those less fortunate a chance at obtaining all that we have been blessed with here in Canada."

Click image of the newspaper clipping to read from a bigger pic.

Darryl Wilson, 24 hails from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. He is a Gawad Kalinga advocate and GKYB member/friend in Facebook.


We are so proud of you Darryl!

Source: Catholic Register, Youth Speaks, Pg 6, March 15, 2009 Issue

1 comment:

  1. Darryl, you inspire the youth! May you be blessed and be safe. Hope to see with the rest of the youth when we visit this coming July. God bless.

    ReplyDelete